2023 4th of July Parade and Celebration – Merritt Island, Florida
About the Parade:
This year’s 4th of July Parade will take place on Tuesday, July 4, 2023, on Merritt Island, Florida.
The parade will start at Merritt Island High School at 10:00 am, promptly. Leaving the high school staging area, the parade will turn south onto N. Courtenay Parkway and continue until reaching E. Merritt Avenue. The route then turns east and ends at Edgewood Jr/Sr High School.
Entry Fee of $25.00 must be paid with the submission of the application.
Please download and complete a copy of the parade application and return it to the Charity as indicated.
Application and Entry Fee must be returned by June 26th, 2023 to:
Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Charity
Attn: Lindsey Deaton
700 S. Park Avenue, Titusville, FL. 32780
Phone: (321) 505-8752
Participant Information and Application:
Each Applicant will be responsible for ensuring the parade rules and regulations are followed for the safety of everyone. Any participant that does not follow these rules will be asked to remove themselves from the parade immediately.
- Each parade float cannot exceed 14 feet in height and 10 feet in width. Any parade participant whose float exceeds the height and width will not be allowed to participate unless the problem is corrected.
- Everyone can begin to line up at Merritt Island High School at 8:00 am. The parade will begin promptly at 10:00 am. The parade route will begin at Merritt Island High School and turn left on Courtenay Parkway then left on East Merritt Avenue and end at Edgewood Jr./Sr. High School.
- A representative from each participant must check in at the registration desk prior to the start of the parade.
- Each participant is allowed to hand out candy and promotional items, however throwing of any of these items is not permitted.
- All participants in the parade must keep their floats respectful, if your float is offensive the judges will ask you to leave the parade staging area.
- Brevard County Sheriff’s Officers will be along the route to help direct parade participants and keep the route safe.